Saturday, October 1, 2016

Hope you're having fun!

Hello everyone!
I'm Anna (al_handmade) and I'm back with another card featuring a funny cute critter from the “Cheerful Hedghog” stamp set. I must say that I really love this new set from Gerda Steiner Designs as much as I love autumn and all its vibrant colors :)



For this card I wanted to create an autumnal scenario as a perfect frame for my little joyful friend.
To create the background I stamped some leaves with Memento Ink Tuxedo Black and colored them with Copic Markers. Then I cut three stripes from a white card panel and masked my foliage background with it. I also added a piece vellum between them to create a smoother effect.



I colored the hedgehog with my Copics, trying to add a bit of texture representing his stiff hairs. When I assembled the elements together I realized that I wanted more "autumn" on my card so I decided to add some falling leaves on my background in order to make my scene more seasonal.

I chose a happy wish to complete this card but after stamping it with black ink I realized that it needed to be more lively. So I customized it a bit adding some colorful dimensions. Finally I grabbed my Wink of Stella Clear brush to make it shine :)



Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this project.
See you next time!



Supplies list:
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Wink of Stella Clear brush
  • Copic Markers:
    Background: BG0000 BG000
    Hedgehog: E41 E43 E44 E47 E49 E51
    Leaves: YG03 YG25 YG63 YG67 Y15 Y38
    Letters: YG03 Y15 Y38

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!