Thursday, September 10, 2015

Disguised Superman Hippo

Hey everyone! It's Wiebke here today!
Can you tell how happy I was when I held the new released stamp sets from Gerda Steiner Designs in my hands a few days ago?? I was prepared for some cute new stamp sets, but these ones made their way directly into my crafty heart - Omg! If you already haven't, you should go and check them out HERE. Everything you need for cute halloween and christmas cards :)

But it's not yet time for christmas - I wanted to show you at first my card featuring one of the new Mini Stamp Sets: Hippo in Disguise. What a cutiepie!




I finally (!) used Gerda Steiner Designs famous Hippo for the first time, yay! You get some nice build-up-stamps on that set to dress him like a superhero. But you can also stamp him "blank" without all of the superhero accessories. That's what I really like about that set! You can stretch your stamps just how you like it. Well, I colored him in the popular Superman colors and hand-drew a kind of a flame which I glued directly under his feet, so it looks like he's flying!



I color blended a dark night sky with some Distress Inks and splashed some water droplets on it so that you get that starry look. I added some points with my white gel pen and also some Wink of Stella (which you can't see on the pictures).

The last thing I did, was the little sentiment on the bottom of the card. I heat embossed the sentiment from the Happy Fall stamp set with my white embossingpowder and placed it on a stripe of Washi Tape, which used to be the embellished finishing touch.



And that's it for today. I hope you'll stay tuned for much more inspiration coming the next weeks! Especially very great projects featuring the newest stamp sets! :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh how FUN!! I love the treatment on the background. It looks FABULOUS. That little hippo is too, too cute!! Great design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!